Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Do not try to prove you are better than others.

"Do not try to prove you are better than others." Philippians 2:3a  WE

"Do nothing from factional motives [through contentiousness, strife, selfishness, or for unworthy ends] or prompted by conceit and empty arrogance. Instead, in the true spirit of humility (lowliness of mind) let each regard the others as better than and superior to himself [thinking more highly of one another than you do of yourselves]."   Philippians 2:3 AMPC

Sadly my tendency to want to prove that I am better than you carried over into my life following the Messiah.

But now, by His grace, He has pointed it out, so soon and very soon, by His Spirit it will be defeated.

I wonder if the challenge is to see that the body, believers working together is indeed better than any one follower of the Lord.

I wonder if the call is to truly see the body and your place in it, and to completely and totally give up the unworthy ends of self-exaltation.

I wonder if the most prevalent idol of all is self.

Thank you Lord, when You reveal sin, we repent, You forgive and You begin the process of replacing the tree of the knowledge of good and evil with the tree of life.

I rest in You, I trust in You.


No comments: