Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2015

Quiet Prayer and Bible Study

ot 3 things in the Tuesday night quiet time of prayer. 1) Since I have been having trouble “responding” in the right way to my wife lately. I just simply asked Him, “You always responded right, how did You do it? I felt His response was, I was not “responding or reacting” I was simply letting the life of God flow through Me. Mercy flows from the heart of God. I don't need any amount of changing of outward acts, I need to die and let Him live. Galatians 2:20
  1. Rev. 3:21 Behold I stand at the door and knock... the church, and the individual does not open the door because we know that it is going to cost us our life. Fear keeps us captive because we don't know who we are, where we are, why we are?
  2. The gifts and call of God are irrevocable because they are not based on performance. They were not earned by performance and they will not be taken away based on performance.

Wed. I sat down for Bible Study with Pastor Dave, Luke and Elijah Psalm 102 The first few verses make it very clear that this is about a desperate man, a desperate people. Verse 10 is an amazing turning point due to the fact that the person/people are able to SEE that it is God who has lovingly and redemptivly not punitively judged them and put them into this position. “I deserve this.” God will work this for my good. I trust You God. Are all amazing statements that flow from this desperate place. BUT I KNOW THAT THE TIME WILL COME WHEN I WILL SEE YOUR COMPASSION BECAUSE YOU ARE COMPASSION. Verse 13 When is this compassion released this powerful life changing compassion? Verse 14 When God sees that His compassion has been “worked into the heart of His bride and they are now reaching out to and loving the Jew with the same love He has” that is the ultimate fulfillment but when we individually consider the suffering of others more important than our life then His life can flow through us. God has an ultimate plan, revealed in Isaiah 60:21 ““Then all your people will be righteous;
They will possess the land forever,
The branch of My planting,
The work of My hands,
That I may be glorified. “ The nation of Israel will be a kingdom of priests and a light unto the world for 1,000 years. WE get to play a part in that, if we are willing to
“come and die”.  

No comments: