Search This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2015

The desperate beauty of the new covenant!

"A lesson from the prophetic realm… 
Hope, substantial hope, undeniable hope is the primary prophetic focus and idiom, because the prophet is sent to speak to a people, which God has chosen on the basis of an eternal covenant and on the foundation of an irrevocable and ongoing redemptive operation – in Christ Jesus, 
Eze 36:23-28, Hebr 7:25, 1 Pet 1:5"
Ezekiel 36:23-28    I will vindicate the holiness of My great name which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord,” declares the Lord God, “when I prove Myself holy among you in their sight. 24 For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land. 25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.28 You will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God.

Wow is that good stuff or what!  So after Israel fails to keep the covenant God says I will give you a new heart/ a new spirit, My Spirit!!!!  that will be able to keep covenant!  You will live in the land and no longer be kicked out.

Hebrews 7:25   "Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them."
This "new covenant" made with Israel and Judah, is something that we individuals and the body of Christ get to experience the joy of, but it is their amazing national covenant! 
 Jer. 31:2,3  Thus says the Lord,
“The people who survived the sword
Found grace in the wilderness—
Israel, when it went to find its rest.”
The Lord appeared to him from afar, saying,
“I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness."

and this
 Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

So all this talk of chastisement is from a redemptive and not a punitive stand point.  From a God whose heart is Mercy, whose Glory is mercy.  

No comments: