Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Big Finish 2013

Just a bunch of stuff that I have been accumulating over the last couple weeks, because I have to have exactly 54 posts... because.... well just because... as the quote from Fiddler on the Roof says,  "Tradition!"

So there is a lot of good stuff here, but it will take hours to get through it all, and who has that kind of time??  If you only have a second skip to the end and read the last line.

changing my mind as He reveals to me the object of His Devotion.

embracing me with burning purity.

Both quotes from this poem...

Weep, before you whip. Luke 19:41-48
Shane Idelman sermon
Jesus wept over Jerusalem, before he cleansed the temple.

Why don't we love... why do we criticize....
#1 We do not see the need for the diversity of the gifts in the body.
#2 We judge by default - it is part of our sin nature to judge and critique, UNLESS, we crucify the flesh and the desires of love with humility and grace, take your thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ.
#3 Our need to be right. I have to be right and get the last word in. Spurgeon said, we are never so much in danger of being proud as when we think we are being humble.
How to check the motivation of your heart?
A) Will you keep the confrontation to yourself or do you want to tell everybody?
B) Are you a confrontational person?
  1. Are you a fault finder? We can develop a critical spirit. It does not exist in the underground church.
    D) Do you submit to authority, that God has ordained over you?
E) Do you need to confront or can you wait on the Lord for clarification? Three are involved, you, the person, and God who already has a plan and is dealing with that person, and is the ONLY one who can change that person.

“In the essentials unity, in the non-essentials liberty, in all things love.” Augustine
Non-essentials – church government, gifts, eschatology, hymns, choruses, be aware that heresy is a weighty thing. Consider the total portrait of ones character, life and extend grace and patience.
Can I “Live with” the idea that eschatology is one of the non-essentials? I think so.

here is what I know 
"If the message, doesn't apply to me.  I am already in, or on the 
fast track to deception."


here is what I know
There is an attack on marriages taking place right now that is
invisible but brutal. Draw near to God, get so close that you are
under the shadow of His wings and stay there.


Never say, “I know how to do this” We need God for everything and He gets all the glory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMUDstHBUa0


Love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your mind with all you strength and love your neighbor as yourself.


Genesis 15:12-21 As the sun was setting, Abram fell into a deep sleep, and a thick and dreadful darkness came over him. Then HaShem said to him, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated four hundred years. But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions. You, however, will go to your fathers in peace and be buried at a good old age. In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure." When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces. On that day HaShem made a covenant with Abram and said, "To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates-- The land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites."


Zephaniah 1:7 - 2:3 Be silent before the Sovereign HaShem, for the day of HaShem is near. HaShem has prepared a sacrifice; he has consecrated those he has invited On the day of HaShem'S sacrifice I will punish the princes and the king's sons and all those clad in foreign clothes. On that day I will punish all who avoid stepping on the threshold, who fill the temple of their gods with violence and deceit. "On that day," declares HaShem, "a cry will go up from the Fish Gate, wailing from the New Quarter, and a loud crash from the hills. Wail, you who live in the market district; all your merchants will be wiped out, all who trade with silver will be ruined. At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps and punish those who are complacent, who are like wine left on its dregs, who think, 'HaShem will do nothing, either good or bad.' Their wealth will be plundered, their houses demolished. They will build houses but not live in them; they will plant vineyards but not drink the wine. "The great day of HaShem is near--near and coming quickly. Listen! The cry on the day of HaShem will be bitter, the shouting of the warrior there. That day will be a day of wrath, a day of distress and anguish, a day of trouble and ruin, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness, A day of shofar and battle cry against the fortified cities and against the corner towers. I will bring distress on the people and they will walk like blind men, because they have sinned against HaShem. Their blood will be poured out like dust and their entrails like filth. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to save them on the day of HaShem'S wrath. In the fire of his jealousy the whole world will be consumed, for he will make a sudden end of all who live in the earth." Gather together, gather together, O shameful nation, Before the appointed time arrives and that day sweeps on like chaff, before the fierce anger of HaShem comes upon you, before the day of HaShem'S wrath comes upon you. Seek HaShem, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of HaShem'S anger.

This is worth looking at...

this is worth listening to...

dalton thomas has some very good teachings on David and Peter and what we should do when we have let God down, basically, run TO Him!

Jeremiah 32:
 40 I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me. 41 I will rejoice over them to do them good and will faithfully plant them in this land with all My heart and with all My soul. 42 For thus says the Lord, ‘Just as I brought all this great disaster on this people, so I am going to bring on them all the good that I am promising them.

The result of sin, we cover, fear, hide, blame. The result of being born again, Naked and unashamed, He loves me, He likes me, He delights in me. I am Hepzibah

Reading “Abiding in Christ” by Andrew Murray. It is lining up with what God is doing in my heart right now, taking me back to basics. God loves me, God likes me, He will remind me to keep Him first, He is in me, giving me life, guiding, The Father promises to complete the work, the Spirit is sent to make the presence of Jesus real in my life. He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives in me! When I fail Him, I need to run to Him. That is the exact opposite of what you would think. But it is true.


So I guess that is my final thought for 2013 … Run to Him. If you are born again, He lives in you.

No comments: