Search This Blog

Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Lie - work makes free, Arbeit macht frei

The Lie was over the gate to Auschwitz.
The Lie exists in much of Christianity, and it is a battle for me, not to 'proclaim' it and teach it to my kids.
Our salvation is a free gift, our continuing process of sanctification only flows from the free love given by the Father, paid for by the Son, and made real by a revelation of the Spirit.  
Offenses from other people give rise to bitterness, when I do not know 'whose kid I am.'

 I think I have to rise up and defend myself, when I do not know 'whose kid I am."  
Almighty, eternal, Lord of all the universe has chosen to call me His son.  That is the truth, His choice, His grace, His sacrifice, MAKES FREE!  
Everything else is a lie, whether it is inserted into the beginning, middle or end of your Christian walk it is a lie.
 "My hope isn’t built on my performance but on Jesus’ righteousness.
The flesh is always performance driven and everyday I need to become Cross-centered again and no one needs the Gospel only once, because of all the bad days, we need the Good News of His grace again and again."  Ann Voskamp

No comments: