Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2018

The Heritage We are Given

I read old books because those who have gone before have wisdom from above.

Spurgeon commenting on this verse Psalm 61:5  "For You have heard my vows, O God; You have given me the inheritance of those who fear Your name."

" Thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name. We are made heirs, joint heirs with all the saints, partakers of the same portion. With this we ought to be delighted. If we suffer, it is the heritage of the saints; if we are persecuted, are in poverty, or in temptation, all this is contained in the title deeds of the heritage of the chosen."

The heritage, the inheritance has stuff in it that I would not normally think of when I think of inheritance, but if the glory of God was the focus of my life then yes, suffering, persecution, and poverty would all be part of the path to His life being lived out in me.

So Lord, thank You for the heritage of the saints in all of its forms. 

No comments: