Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Hi I'm Chuck and I'm an Addict, but I am also a New Creation

Many thanks to my wife for this insight.

There is a debate in "recovery circles" on how to
introduce yourself. 
Do you say, "I am an addict..."
or
do you say
"I am a new creation"

My wife said something like this..."In my flesh, and
anytime I walk away from His presence, I am very
much still an addict, but the truth is I am a new creation
and that new creation is not an addict."
I think it lines up with Jesus when He said,

"Apart from Me you can do nothing."  so apart from
Him, if we are not in the vine, in the flow of His life
our reality is we are an addict, but in Him, the addict
is gone gone gone and we are a new creation.

So it is my favorite answer in Bible Study

"yes and yes"!

No comments: