Search This Blog

Friday, August 29, 2014

1 Corinthians 4:7, Romans 9:14-18 and the Great Tribulation



1 Cor. 4:7 For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?
Romans 9:14What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! 15For He says to Moses, “I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCYAND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION.” 16So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. 17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UPTO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOUAND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH.” 18So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

I am a born again, Bible believing child of God.  I have a friend who is an unbelieving Jew.  Based on the above scriptures what is the difference between us?  The grace of God, His electing, choosing love.  On what basis would I say, the great tribulation is something that the unbelieving Jew needs to go through but I do not?  On absolutely no basis.
Many souls from every tribe, tongue, people and nation (God goes to a lot of trouble there to make sure we know that more than just Jews come to know Him during the tribulation) come out of the tribulation dead or alive, dying in the Lord, or living for the Lord.  Only the Holy Spirit could make this possible, so the Holy Spirit is not removed, during the tribulation.  John 3:8, John 16:8-11, Romans 8:15,16, Galatians 4:4-7, 2 Cor. 1:21,22, 

Jesus is our Lord and Master.  He demonstrated a sacrificial love.  We who are called by His name, must do the same.
No one reading through Revelation would get to Chapter 4 verse 1 and say, "Oh I see, this is where the church and the Holy Spirit are removed from the world."  A simple reading is John is taken up in to heaven to receive a vision.  This happens to Paul also.   No one reading the gospel of Matthew, would get to chapter 24 and say, "Oh this part here is just for the Jew."  No one would read Paul giving the signs preceding the second coming in 2 Thes. 2 and think, "Oh he is just letting the Christian, Gentile church at Thes. know that  because it would be good to have it in a letter, even though none of them will be on the earth when it happens."   A plain and simple reading of the scripture is all that I am asking for in these matters.  I have never found a scripture that contradicts or disproves the Post-trib rapture position.  I have deeply benefited from many discussions on these matters, it has stretched me and my understanding and demanded at times that I dig deeper and wider.  

As the day draws near and the church is brought to a time that will be her finest hour.  I pray for the tribulation that will purify the church, that will reveal that we are poor, blind and naked, and call us to unity, repentance, trust and faith that are currently unheard of.  Maranatha!

No comments: