Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

fasting weakness

He will pay attention to the prayer of the destitute and will not despise their prayer. Psalm 102:17 Destitute - completely wanting or lacking, deprived of, devoid of, or lacking, poor enough to need help from others.
The many scriptures on "waiting" speak of a people who have come to the end of "their plans" and "their strength" and are now throwing themselves onto their God, crying out to Him.  
Hannah cried out to God, "My husbands love is not good enough, I want to give birth to something that will bless You, but I am barren."
 
Contemplate the amount of time God spends with the subject of barrenness, and choosing that which is weak, and moving on behalf of a people who have come to "the end of their strength."
This fast, and any act that weakens our flesh, gives us the opportunity to come into contact with His strength.
Ultimately our desire to live as Paul said, (Galatians 2:20) "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."
"It is no longer I who live" is what a true fast is all about.  My ways, my choices, my strengths, my knowledge of good and evil, are worthless, God what I need is Your Life, let me always and ever eat of that tree.  Let us go forward in weakness and dependency on our gracious Lord, who delights to show mercy.  (Micah 7:18)

No comments: