Search This Blog

Monday, December 18, 2023

"You Have to Push Back"

 What a blessing it is to be part of a body where the gifts of the Spirit are flowing. A friend said she was praying for me and she felt strongly that God was saying to me, "You have to push back." She was totally humble in the presentation, stating she had no idea what those words meant or what I am going through.

At the time I didn't know either, but I knew if I humbly received them as from the Lord, in His time He would reveal the meaning clearly and it would bring life.

The surface is never the truth.

On the surface, a situation at work had escalated and I had confronted it through the proper channels and my efforts to bring it out to the light and have it properly dealt with were pushed down and pushed aside. So, on the surface, God was giving me the green light to push back.

The surface is never the truth.  

I have walked with the Lord long enough to know my voice from His Voice, so I waited.

It is not always this quick, but around 1:30am on the following morning, HE led me to this understanding.

In the upside-down kingdom of God that exists in this evil age, we "push back" by laying down our lives, by not fearing those who can only kill the body, by not having any fear of man.  In this evil age we live lives that are not pushed around by the tactics of the enemy, fear, threat, intimidation, death.

Our "push back" is in our willingness to keep on laying down our lives out of love of the Messiah, following His example, empowered by His life.  His victory in this evil age was through death, through a willingness to say what the Father was saying and do what the Father was doing no matter what the cost.

Deeper still, to a love that is extravagant, to a forgiveness that is radical, to LIFE in every situation, never joining the side that is out to accuse, steal, kill and destroy.

To see as HE sees, from HIS perspective that this evil age is so very temporary and we are living with a hope, joy and peace that is anchored in the eternal age to come, the Kingdom of God.

1 comment:

Momma Bean said...

absolute best thing I've read on the internet in a long while! Well done Chuck Bean, well done.