Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Deeper Still a psalm of Chuck

Written years ago over about a 9 month period of time as I adjusted to overwhelming changes in my life. Deeper Still Deeper Still The feelings are gone Deeper Still The vision, the purpose is gone Deeper Still Those who understand are gone Deeper Still You are gone Deeper Still But I cling to You in the night I cling to You without feeling purpose friends You The mocking voice arises "Where is your God?" I don't know where He is But I do know who He is I must remember Your faithfulness I must believe Your truth Lest I die I wanted just a thread to have Not to hang on to - honest - just to have But even a thread is evil even a thread would be used to destroy So Your love removed the thread And I mourned my loss I didn't really know You till I knew You as a consuming fire All of me belongs to You Oh to be used by You That others would know Your love Faithful Redeemer, Precious Friend Go Deeper Still

No comments: