Search This Blog

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Bind Me, Seal Me, Keep Me

Lord I see Your wonderful promises, that I can live in an expectation of righteousness.  I can live not thinking, "I will surely sin today.", but instead "Thank You Daddy, that through the life of Your Son, I can walk in the Spirit today and be Your vessel."


It is possible, I know it, I believe it.


But then...life happens and I let down the One I love.


So I join with the bride and the psalmist and I cry out to be bound with cords to the sacrificial altar, I cry out to be set as a seal on His heart and His arm, carried by Him, kept by Him.  His faithfulness that cannot fail.  His love that cannot fail.


Thank You Lord, I am ever in need of Your mercy, and You ever delight to show Your mercy to me.


"Place me like a seal over your heart,
    like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
    its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
    like a mighty flame."  Song of Songs 8:6


"The LORD is God and has given us light. Bind the festival sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar."  Psalm 118:27

No comments: