Search This Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Broken First, Truth Second

I guess every post from now on will be a combination of Laura and I, this one sure is.


Listening to a teaching recently and it was clearly a repeating of things that the speaker had heard, but he wasn't really just reading the text of the Bible and letting the Spirit speak to him.  Things were spoken that were wrong, just plain, not the truth.  The blind was leading the blind, and my thoughts were along the line of, what is my responsibility here.  I am a teacher, these passages contain key truths that are being missed and or twisted.  I was feeling that I needed to address these things directly with the person and then the wisdom of Laura entered into the situation.


I needed to come to a place of brokenness and even weeping over the person, and only then would I be released to speak a word to them. 


Love is not just correcting, it is lamenting and identifying with your brother or sister.  I get it now.

No comments: