Search This Blog

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Dimly Burning Wicks

The simple fact that God states very clearly that when it comes to compassion, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,  neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.  (Isaiah 55:8) should be enough to cause us to be very slow to open our mouths about other people.
But wait there is more...
We serve a God who says we are to love our enemies.  How often do we let fear overcome love?
We are vessels of the God who will not put out a dimly burning wick. 
He pays the guy who shows up late to work as much as the guy who worked all day.
He speaks harshly to a Gentile woman and when she responds in humility, He praises her actions above His chosen people.
Eternal souls have great value in His eyes.  Nothing they are doing or saying would cause Him to cut them off. 
His sacrificial love is always reaching across the divide. 
 He is always wanting to keep the lines of communication open. 
Brokenness for the people is the mark of true prophet.
Jeremiah 8:21  "21 Since my people are crushed, I am crushed;
    I mourn, and horror grips me."

No comments: