Search This Blog

Saturday, August 19, 2017

"Christian love will show itself in a believer's readiness to bear evil as well as to do good. It will make him . . .
patient under provocation,
forgiving when injured,
meek when unjustly attacked,
quiet when slandered.
It will make him bear much and forbear much, put up with much and look over much, submit often and deny himself often--all for the sake of peace. It will make him put a strong bit on his temper, and a strong bridle on his tongue.
True love is not always asking, "What are my rights? Am treated as I deserve?" but, "How can I best promote peace? How can I do that which is most edifying to others?"  J.C. Ryle

Holding to the task of this blog to be an honest open view into my life.  I was not at all loving yesterday.  Not at all helpful, kind etc.  
Asking for forgiveness, apologizing is something Jesus never had to do.  Because He did not sin even when he arrived a day late to help Lazarus, He did not apologize to Mary or Martha.  So this having to ask for forgiveness and apologize is one aspect of our humanity that He never experienced, and yet, I guarantee it is His life in us that moves us to apologize and ask for forgiveness, because it is supremely uncomfortable and would be so much easier to just sweep it all under the rug.  

Anyway, God is merciful and when I had purposed in my heart to apologize, He graciously revealed this truth.  The three stranded cord in Eccl. that is not easily broken is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and as we are in that love with them, they keep together, what the world would positively love to tear apart.  That thought came from the idea that if I am one of those cords I am going to break pretty quick and then it will only be two.  Humans can't be the cord, we suck.  God is good, I would rather He be all three strands, wouldn't you?

No comments: