Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2014

The process of Christian growth continues

Oswald quote......"One of the greatest proofs that you are drawing on the grace of God is that you can be totally humiliated before others without displaying even the slightest trace of anything but His grace."

 As I try to live this Christian life, As I try to breathe in Jesus, and breathe out Jesus, in every situation,  I find the most difficult time to be the times when i am feeling humiliated.  Unfortunately, I often feel that way.  I put "Me and I" on the throne and take things that are said to me as personal attacks that I need to "rise up" and defend.  At that very instant I lose the grace of God because, I am coming to my own defense.

Jesus is "my one defense, my righteousness" in HIM, in HIM, in HIM is my only answer.  
Little by little, failure by failure, I will continue this process and one day when you "kick me all that will come out is the overflow of Jesus oil, all over you."  ONE DAY!  ONWARD!

3 comments:

Julnjake said...

I once read and took note of this; "Offenses from other people give rise to bitterness when I do not know 'whose child I am'. I think I have to rise up and defend mysellf when I do not know whose kid I am" ;)

Chuck said...

So very true Juli, when we know whose kid we are, when we truly know the Father, everything else is put in proper perspective. The study of the Attributes of God, is very life-changing. Working my way through a bunch of Mike Bickle sermons on the Song of Songs right now, and it is helping me.

Chuck said...

Just read this great stuff from Oswald...
http://utmost.org/the-spiritually-vigorous-saint/