Search This Blog

Saturday, October 14, 2017

"The I, the me, and the the my have to go."

A simple statement of truth.

 Like all truth, it is true this morning, it was true yesterday and it will be true tomorrow.

John 5:30 "I am not able of myself to do anything; according as I hear I judge, and my judgment is righteous, because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father who sent me."

later on this leads to this statement, what was true for our Rabbi is true for us His talmidim

John 15:5  “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

The point is if I shows up in a sentence on your lips like, "I can eat the watermelon and spit out the seeds better than anyone I know."
That same I is in your heart and it is the fruit on the root of pride that needs to be cut off, pulled out, destroyed or it will lead to a fall and great will be the fall.

So in a very delayed sense, I am grateful today for whatever instrument is used to expose such darkness to the Light, and I ask the Light to pluck up, cut off and destroy that root before it grows another millimeter.

No comments: