Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

veritas et virtus truth and virtue and me

Oldest son accepted to Pittsburgh University, whose latin slogan and translation is the title of this blog post.
Truth and virtue.  Truth is, about the only thing I feel good at right now, is letting the dog out when he wants to go to the bathroom.  This 'dad' thing is hard and incomprehensible to me most days.  Drawing a line and holding to it, and being flexible and seeing the others point of view.  Finding a balance.  And then I read that the God of Love, "loathed" the generation of Israel that was stuck in the wilderness for 40 years.   I don't really know what to do with that information but it is right there for all to read in Psalm 95:10.  Psalm 96 is a good argument against those who say, if the rapture does not happen till the end of the tribulation, it does not make sense to them that people would be looking forward to it.  Psalm 96 gives voice to a people who are "glad" when God is coming in judgment.  And I want to post this before I forget, a quote from Jim Cymbala, Christianity is about "trusting not trying."     Okay, so I don't really have a "solution" to the question, "How can I ever be a good dad?"   I have more questions than answers when it comes to 'real life.'  This life is a journey, by the grace of God I will focus on truth and by the grace of God virtue will follow... at least that is my hope.

No comments: