Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

self righteous, grace killing

Right now a perfect storm is happening.  In the Romans Bible Study we are at chapter 14 and the beginning of 15, which emphasizes heavily the need for the strong to love the weak more than their opinions, more than their freedom in Christ.  On the other front, our Wed. Bible Study is, "Are you a fan or a follower?"  This week it was 100 % against the self-righteous attitudes that uses scripture and eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil to beat people up.  And on the home front, I have taken the standard that I hold myself too and applied it to my wife's life and the result is, very predictably, death.  I can justify my actions... wanna hear it?.. I didn't think so, neither does God.
What is at the root of this, a lack of intimacy with God and people.  This is the "old, old, story" with me.  Maybe by the grace of God, this time around the mountain, we will beat this.

No comments: