Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

wed class "sent ones"

Sent and sent ones

Apostle = “sent forth ones” english translation of greek
Missionary = “sent ones” latin translation

When the disciples come back from their first time being sent out by Jesus, they are anxious to tell Him all that they saw accomplished, all the miracles, and Jesus is a “wet blanket.” He says, "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven." The foundation has to be that you have been sent out, by God, so that, when the results are far less encouraging, like being stoned or driven out to the edge of town, you are not ‘shaken.’

Mat 10:40 "He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

Mat 23:37 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.
Luk 4:26 and yet Elijah was sent to none of them, but only to Zarephath, in the land of Sidon, to a woman who was a widow.

Luk 9:2 And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing.

Jhn 1:6 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John.

Jhn 4:34 Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work..

Jhn 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
Jhn 5:30 "I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Jhn 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Jhn 8:29 "And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him."

Jhn 11:42 "I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me."

Jhn 12:45 "He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me.

Jhn 17:18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.

Jhn 17:21 that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Jhn 17:23 I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

Act 9:17 So Ananias departed and entered the house, and after laying his hands on him said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road by which you were coming, has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."

Act 13:3 Then, when they had fasted and prayed and laid their hands on them, they sent them away. Act 13:4 So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia and from there they sailed to Cyprus.

No comments: