Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

wed night lesson

Got to teach a wed night class at church
this was the "jist" of what i said.

Foundations

Repentance - self loathing Isaiah 6:5
NOT an intellectual decision Acts 9:9
“I prayed a prayer.”
Born Again = Born from above - a supernatural work of God replacing the heart. Ezekiel 36:22-27 God’s dealing with Israel, a picture of true salvation.
What is the reason you know that you are born again? “I prayed a prayer.”
The evidence of being declared right with God (justification) is the lifelong process of being conformed to the image of Jesus. (sanctification)
Why does God save men? Because He loves men.
Why does God love men? 1 Because He is love
2 Because in saving men, God’s love, mercy, and kindness is revealed to His glory! Inspite of you, not because of you, God saves you. Truth revolves around God, not man.
Man is fallen, corrupt, loving sin, hating God, in need of a Savior.
Ezekiel 36:23 “I’ve been saved.” From what?…
Sin? No sin is inanimate. We are saved from the wrath of God - We are saved FOR the purpose of God, to abase or to abound. It is 100% God’s doing for God’s purpose.
What happens when someone is truly saved? Ezek. 36:24 - A work of separation - God separating the believer from the things in culture/life that are in opposition to Him. A good father watches over, disciplines and separates his children from evil. Hebrews 12:5,6 It is the loving discipline of a father not the punitive discipline of a judge. God gives us a changed heart that hates what He hates and loves what He loves. We are not “set apart” from sin in order to brag about our purity, we realize that the “work” is totally of God. We say “I don’t” to the world, but “I do” to the things of God. Our attitude of heart changes. We have a heart that loves and cherishes God, we grow in Godliness. Romans 9:13 Jacob and Esau both had promises fulfilled in their lives, both prospered, How was God’s love shown to Jacob?… Thru the discipline of love. “I get caught every time.” Praise God!!
Ezek. 36:25 “I will” - the sovereignty of God. Phil. 1:6 - I will make sure of your cleansing. Truly born again people get convicted when watching, talking, listening to un-Godly things. Proof that we belong to Him. No conviction - you do not belong to God. John 10:3
Besetting sin - One area that “I won’t get victory over” NO God will work in your life in such a way that you will experience greater and greater victory in that area.
“I will kiss the rod that works in my life to change me more than the things of this world that ‘love‘ me.” Paul Washer
The goal of Christianity is conformity to the image of Jesus Christ. (The blacksmith and the man story)
Ezekiel 36:26 Men are born 100% spiritually dead-dead-dead. How can a dead man do anything. God has to do a supernatural work.
Nature- wicked men hate righteousness. Romans 1:18
Born Again is a miracle. The stone heart that can only hate Christ is removed and the heart of flesh that is drawn to, must have Christ cries out for Him!
NOT “I need to stop doing wicked things that I love.” but because he is a new creature, “Doing wicked things is against my new nature. So God’s new creation, His Spirit within me “causes” me to walk in God’s ways.
Jesus came to seek that which is lost.

No comments: