2) even though they may disagree on many things, they can "talk it out" and come to an acceptable compromise, in which, no one is "happy" but everyone is content.
3) the judge swore witnesses in with these words, "Do you swear or affirm to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, as you will stand before God on that last great Day?"
Let's just say I was floored by that and amazed he used such Christ centered language.
4) the justice system is painfully tilted toward innocense, the "job" of the prosecutor is eons harder than the defense
5) the various CSI, Law and Order shows have given us a very high standard to hold the police too, probably too high for "everyday cops"
6) It is solemn thing to stand in judgment of another human being
7) with all its flaws it is probably the best system possible with fallen human beings