Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2009

bruised reed smoking flax

Conviction from God is a good thing
When those in my family are demonstrating that they are bruised reeds, (hurt from the inside) or smoking flax (lacking oil or nourishment from the outside) i typically increase my expectations of them, express my disappointment in them, stand off from them, ignore their pain and just want them to get over it, refer to the things they care about as "silly" , just basically major in the minors, and so when it truly comes to the "majors" i have lost their attention because i have made too much of or handled wrongly the minors....
Conviction from God is a good thing.

Lord I repent, give me Your Holy Spirit that lived Isaiah 42:1-3

Isa 42:1
"Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold; My chosen one {in whom} My soul delights. I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the nations.
Isa 42:2
"He will not cry out or raise {His voice,} Nor make His voice heard in the street.
Isa 42:3
"A bruised reed He will not break And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice.

Thank you for Your mercy and Your conviction. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you. .. Laura