Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2008

the classics

so every now and then i hear the 'modern' voices that preach a 'pretty good christianity' that is ok with 'falls' and seems to down play the possibility of living a life that truly pleases God, hating sin and being conformed and transformed into the image of His Son.... ah but then i go back to the classics and people like Oswald Chambers encourage me on and call me up higher and set the bar higher than i could ever reach on my own and so trusting God to fill up what is lacking and disciplining my mind to stay focused on Him and His truth... i press on

2 comments:

Cosette said...

Couldn't agree more.

Chuck said...

thanks i know you do and your marriage and life are a blessing to me
Joel =a friend at work said you have a "gift" of preaching and making the word of God practical and reaching every age group in the congregation, so praise God and continue to use that gift for His glory