Search This Blog

Sunday, October 20, 2013

argumentative

Synonyms: argumentative, combative, contentious, disputatious, quarrelsome,
Weeks ago in a conversation, I was characterized as being argumentative.
In some respects, I have been "wearing" that ever since, wanting God to make it 
clear, if there is an area that needs repentance.  Watching myself to see my
reactions.

Seeing the synonyms... being contentious and quarrelsome are without a doubt
sins and that is a very bad thing.  I feel the weight of that.

So where is the line?  
What topics are worth a 'strong defense' and what ones should be allowed to 
just "go on their way", "no biggee", etc?

I see the need to be a member, an active participant in a local body.
That is not 'optional.'
When I was first saved God dropped me into a body that had a church "set-up"
that included a collegial eldership, of men gifted in various ways by God, who
submitted to one another.  Sunday worship was led by the Spirit of God, with 
'voices' from the congregation, speaking forth words of God, during worship, and
worship leaders who were able to "flow."  When worship began to "slow down"
the elders would gather and see whose "word" for that morning most lined up
with the direction that the Spirit was leading things and that person would be the
one who would bring the message.  Since those early days in the late 1980's early
90's I have never again been a part of such a body.  Church government... is that
worth 'arguing about'?

The day of the Lord is an event spoken of in scripture a ridiculous amount of times, 
it has signs, it has precursor events, on it hinges the end of this age and the beginning
of the millennial reign of Christ... is that worth "arguing about"?

At the end of the age there is going to be a great falling away, many who had
'agape' love will grow cold, it seems to me this would coincide with believing strongly
in a view of the end times that says, "before the great tribulation, Jesus is going to
come back and get me, because He loves me to much to let me go through that"..
If you had your hopes pinned on that and it falls, there is a great danger that you would
fall too.  Is the pre-trib, post-trib debate worth arguing about?

God in total grace has chosen a people and a land, the Jew and Israel.  Preterism says
"No that plan is over"  Replacement theology, says, "No that plan is over" God says, ""While the earth remains, Seed time and harvest, And cold and heat, And summer and winter, And day and night Shall not cease."Genesis 8:22
 23And the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah, saying, 24“Have you not observed what this people have spoken, saying, ‘The two families which the LORD chose, He has rejected them’? Thus they despise My people, no longer are they as a nation in their sight. 25“Thus says the LORD, ‘If My covenant for day and night stand not, and the fixed patterns of heaven and earth I have not established, 26then I would reject the descendants of Jacob and David My servant, not taking from his descendants rulers over the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. But I will restore their fortunes and will have mercy on them.’”
In light of these two scripture passages is Preterism and Replacement theology worth arguing about?

Romans 8:13,14  for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

I must stop these musing for now.  It is my prayer that I would be living by the Spirit.

No comments: