Search This Blog

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Goals are nice, but

but sometimes they don't all get accomplished and that is ok to
Had a great time on the men's retreat, a blessed time, with plenty
of fellowship and plenty of quiet time with God. Got to put the Paul
Washer CD in my assistant Pastor's hand. Didn't get to lower
the page count on my end times paper, but i have a person with
a totally different opinion on my Zune, so it will be good if I take the
time to listen to and consider what they are saying and why.
I get so "sure" about my position that I refer to other positions
as the "lie", not a very good way to encourage dialogue.
Very good teaching about speaking in tongues this morning in
Sunday School class, by Robert Morris, straight-forward and
Biblically sound. Eye opening to have him point out this verse,
1 Corinthians 14:39
Therefore, my brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy,
and do not forbid to speak in tongues.

so how could you wrongly interpret, "do not forbid to speak in tongues"
???? Scary how easy it is to push aside the word of God...

No comments: